Zucchini Noodles with Basil Pesto and ‘Kinda Parmesan’
After the interview with the lovely team at A Vegan Smiles, I was excited to try the Kinda Parmesan in the March Vegan Box! Sure enough, its tasty! I teamed it up with some raw zucchini noodles and basil pesto, but I imagine it would be great sprinkled on anything from salads to baked potatoes to steamed vegetables. This is a really easy take on a traditional pasta that is light, fresh and delicious.
- 6 medium size zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried olives chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes soaked, drained and chopped
Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles (You can use a regular vegetable peeler to make long strips if you don’t have a spiralizer)
Place the zucchini noodles in a bowl and combine with all the other ingredients and mix gently to combine.
Divide the pasta mixture evenly into bowls.
Top with a dollop of Pesto and a good sprinkle of Kinda Cheese.
Simple Basil Pesto-
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of pistachios
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Process all pesto ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Season to taste, it may need a touch more salt or lemon to your liking.