Raw Pad Thai with East Bali Cashews
In your February Vegan Box you will find a little pack of East Bali Cashews. There are several assorted flavours but any of the savoury varieties will be delicious with this Asain-inspired dish!
East Bali Cashews are an amazing, ethical company that are doing wonders for the people and environment within East Bali and beyond for more information, follow the link below the recipe.
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 red capsicum julienned finely
- 1 cup of snow peas cut finely on the diagonal
- ½ a green cabbage finely shredded
- ¼ bunch of coriander chopped
- 1/4 bunch of fresh mint chopped
- 1 cucumber finely sliced or spiralized
- 1 packet of kelp noodles
- 1 packet of organic tempeh
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of fresh coconut milk
- 1 small chili (without seeds or with seeds depending on taste)
- 1 lime juiced
- 6 large fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut nectar
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ¼ bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ inch piece of ginger
Combine all of the salad ingredients except for the tempeh in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Blend all of the dressing ingredients in a blender on high until smooth and creamy. Taste the dressing and adjust accordingly, depending on your ingredients you may need a dash more lime, salt or sweetener.
Slice the tempeh finely and heat your coconut oil on a small pan over a low heat. Add the tempeh and cook until lightly browned.
Stir the dressing through salad by hand until thoroughly mixed and arrange evenly on two plates.
Lay the tempeh slices over the pad thai and scatter with fresh coriander and your East Bali Cashews.
To find out more about East Bali Cashews visit their website here…